Re: [Gimp-user] VPAT Software Request

On Fri, Jun 12, 2020 at 02:55:34PM +0200, Michael Schumacher wrote:

On 6/12/20 2:35 PM, Norbert Preining via gimp-user-list wrote:

On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, Robert Krawitz wrote:
Confirmed; it doesn't render for me either.  Two other PDFs I tried

Chrome is **not** a pdf viewer, please use a proper one, there are
billions out there.

Using a browser from PDF viewing is something like a last resort...

More like the norm, at least for PDF files which are available online.

Only if you are suicidal about secturity.  PDF includes a full on
programming language with in secure access to your system.  Allowing the
broswer to display it directly might make adobe happy, but it is not
just unwise, it is flatout stupid.

Use a plug in and a real PDF viewer.

@Robert: as I wrote in my reply to Gene, it would be nice if you could
file an issue for Chromium (or contribute to an existing one, if there's
one already), to make sure that the Chromium developers know about this
and can examine it.

--
Regards,
Michael