[Gimp-user] Questions about painting tool and textures

As I am trying to manipulate images with the paint brush tool, I have lost
the ability to control brush size, shape, hardness, etc.  I am also unable
to paint with an actual color using the fill bucket option.  Instead, it
will fill the selected area with what appears to be marijuana leaves as a
texture.  I am learning through trial and error and have become relatively
proficient, however, I do acknowledge that I may have messed a setting up
sumwhere along the way that has affected my configuration negatively.  Is
there a way (beyond uninstall/reinstall) to "factory reset" the software?