[Gimp-user] un-install before re-install?

When I launched GIMP today I got a cool popup that 2.10.18 is available.
It says "Even though you use the last version, it is recommended to
reinstall.  New revisious come with package fixes".
https://i.imgur.com/7HuGQzj.jpg

Does this mean to un-install then install the new version?  Should I
always uninstall
first or just this time?  (Thoroughly like with Revo?)

I haven't done that since I last had an issue (incidentally because I'm
using the 32-bit version).  IIRC I made some customizations at some point.

Bill