Re: [Gimp-user] Is GIMP a knockoff of Photoshop?

I guess technically by “definition” one could consider GIMP a knock off but that’s like saying an my and all
image processing programs are knock offs of one another.

That said, GIMP isn’t being developed to take whatever features are in Photoshop and remake them into a free
program. GIMP is developed entirely independently of Photoshop with very little regard given to what Adobe is
adding to its product.

At the end of the day, does it really matter?