From: Liam R E Quin <liam holoweb net>
Sent: June 18, 2020 7:21 PM
To: Muhammad Ali <M ALI023 hotmail com>; gimp-user-list gnome org <gimp-user-list gnome org>
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] License Question

On Thu, 2020-06-18 at 18:25 +0000, Muhammad Ali via gimp-user-list
wrote:
Hi, with regards to licenses:
Firstly, is versions of the GPL the only licenses that covers GIMP
code? Or are there some parts of GIMP source code covered by a
different license like, for example, Apache 2.0.

This was already answered i think.

Secondly, if there are some parts of the source code covered by a
different license, does an end-user, according to you, agree to those
extra licenses as well? or, according to you, does the end user only
receive the entire source code (including the different license
parts) licensed under the terms of the GPLv3?

There are two separate issues here.

First, as pointed out in another response, the GPL applies to people
distributing GIMP (although that includes the GIMP authors)...

Second, you get all the source, although you only need the source, in
general, if you want to modify GIMP, or to compile it yourself, e.g.
ona computer systemfor which there are no binary packages available.

Liam (slave ankh)

Voluntary servitude is a choice i have made; unlike actual slavery, i
am free to unmake the choice at any time.