Re: [Gimp-user] VPAT Software Request

On Friday 12 June 2020 08:55:34 Michael Schumacher wrote:

On 6/12/20 2:35 PM, Norbert Preining via gimp-user-list wrote:
On Fri, 12 Jun 2020, Robert Krawitz wrote:
Confirmed; it doesn't render for me either.  Two other PDFs I tried

Chrome is **not** a pdf viewer, please use a proper one, there are
billions out there.

Using a browser from PDF viewing is something like a last resort...

More like the norm, at least for PDF files which are available online.

@Robert: as I wrote in my reply to Gene, it would be nice if you could
file an issue for Chromium (or contribute to an existing one, if
there's one already), to make sure that the Chromium developers know
about this and can examine it.
As for my raising a bug, sorry but my Missus is in the shop with end
stage copd, and I don't have time to fool with it. All I was doing is
reporting the failure, and with Michaels help took the odt, re-exported
it as a pdf, and chromium then displayed it properly.  That tells me
something is wrong with the pdf.  And that it can be fixed by reloading
the odt and re-exporting it to a proper pdf format.

--
Regards,
Michael