Re: [Gimp-user] Blur / darken a selection as a new layer?

On Wed, 2020-01-29 at 09:04 -0700, S.Bob wrote:
Hi All;

I wan to select a rectangle on an image, and do the following:

- make the selection a new layer so I can easily move it around and
resize it if needed

copy (or copy visible if more than one layer is involved), then paste
in place, then press the newlayer button in the layers dialogue.
- add a border to the selection
select->border and fill wit pink :)
- blur / darken the background of the selection
gaussian blur, and curves
- add text to the selection
text will be a new layer over the rectangle group.
I know I can add the text as a new layer, not sure how to properly
do
the other items, thoughts?

There isn't really a "properly" - it's what works for you.

The best book of GIMP tutorials i've seen is "The Artist's Guide to
GIMP" but i think that's for gimp 2.8, so might not work perfectly.

slave liam

[resending from the right address this time]