Re: [Gimp-user] High precision color picker

In Gimp the color selector can be use with a 0-255 integer range or as
percent (3 digits: 12.3%) that give a bit more precision.

In scripts there is not limit to the precision of the color you enter as
floating point (but widgets that will display the values will round it).
For instance in Python:

import gimpcolor
pdb.gimp_context_set_foreground(gimpcolor.RGB(.51256,.51257,.51258))

Of course this is only useful in high-precision image, and there is no
guarantee that the underlying computations use all the precision, but
also no good reason to not do so.