[Gimp-user] Gimp loses settings if computer crashes

So I have been using Gimp to deal with some very large files that are demanding
on the computer resources, using 100 GB swap for the tile cache at times. I am
quite accepting that some processes on the computer are slow at times working
with such large images.

What I do not understand is why, having edited my preferences file and closed
down the software to ensure it has properly saved the preferences, then start up
again and it remembers all those preferences.

But if the whole computer crashes for some reason and Gimp is open, which it
actually is most of the time on this computer anyway, Gimp loses all the
settings I have put into it and I have to set them all up again.

Obviously, we cannot predict when our computer is going to crash, so we want to
see software that doesn't behave in this way, as it is hard enough having to
redo work we lost in a crash, without also having to spend a lot of time putting
software settings, especially when no other software behaves in this way.

--
BWK (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)