[Gimp-user] crop to content

Figured out my issues with fuzzy select and now know how to use it. Now after
lots of experimenting just with that sample greyscale photo, I conclude it does
NOT work well for my purpose. There is apparently too much variation in the
border area, so a low threshold does not get all of the border, and a higher
threshold eats into the image.

With the color picker, I found tone ranges in the border from 238 to 255. I
tried to pick midrange "starting pixels" for the fuzzy select, but one can't
really know if you clicked on exactly the right one.

The script still seems to have the most potential.

--
geop (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)