Re: [Gimp-user] [Animations] How to merge down multiple layers?

You have to create one copy of your layer per frame, and merge it in the
frame layer. There are several scripts around for this, see for instance
my own ofn-interleave-layers that you will find here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-tools/files/scripts/

Installation instructions on the web page

The .ZIP contains a HTML doc.