Re: [Gimp-user] Images different in other editors

Do a test print. Yes you would have to pay for it, but on the other hand you'll know what you are getting. And are you printing photographs or brochures? For brochures, a printer may want a PDF. For photos as photos, a different file format. It also helps if you have a calibrated display. Test, test, test.

Rick S.

-----Original Message----- From: Richard Kimber via gimp-user-list
Sent: Friday, December 04, 2020 10:34 AM
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: [Gimp-user] Images different in other editors

I'm using the Windows version of Gimp 2.10 .

When I create an image in Gimp to my satisfaction, if I display it in other Windows programs (e.g. Paintshop Pro) it looks much darker. Is there some option I need to set in order to have them look the same?

Basically, my problem is that if I were to send it away to be printed professionally, how would I know whether the print would correspond to the dark version or the light version?

- Richard