Re: [Gimp-user] Fade option

On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 9:49 PM Tony Huffaker via gimp-user-list wrote:

I recently loaded the latest version of GIMP 2.10.18. When working on a
photo I used the White Balance function from the Colors menu. The action
changed the image more than I wanted, so I went to the Edit menu to use the
Fade option to scale back the change made by the function - BUT there wasn't
a Fade option available. Why is it not there on the latest release? I've had
to uninstall the latest version and fall back to a prior version where the
Fade option was available.

Was this an oversight or am I missing the point entirely?

It was removed over a year ago for being irreparably slow. A far
better replacement for GEGL-based filters (incl. White Balance) is
coming in the next release.

Alex