[Gimp-user] Background Layer Color

I just created a graphic, and made the background transparent...or so
I thought. But, when I export this as a .jpg file, the background is
some kind of maroon or brick color. I cannot figure out how I did
that, and it's something I certainly don't want. How do I fix it? Many
thanks!

The jpeg format does not support transparency. Export your image as a png.

Why the maroon colour?  When you export to a jpeg any transparency is replaced
by the Gimp current BackGround value (BG) Usually the user will set that as
white, but can be some other colour.

see the screenshot:

How to fix it. Start again. Always Save as a Gimp xcf until a final export to
png/jpg/tiff etc.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1401/original/background.jpg

--