[Gimp-user] Extracting images from a PDF

Thank you ALL for your solutions !
I will see and it was just a curious thing ,because there is somewhere
where i
saw posted images from a magazine, wich i think it is a extraction of
pdf,
right? and i was curious about the sizes, dimensions and all.
Maybe the images are not extracted from the pdf of magazine, maybe
they are from
before putting it in the pdf, i mean they are "crude" images, like for
example
the jpg of the cover of the magazine, and inside pages of the mag
...because
there are some wich are covers, for example, and they are in bad
quality, or
resized to appear like hq but it´s not real hq, because when i
increase the zoom
on irfanview or other image viewers, the squares of pixels starts to
appear ...

Hello Carlos
This is what the resolution tumbler is good for, if you import the images at low
resolution you can get low quality images,
experimenting for me I found to roll up the resolution until gets to 300 to 500
in the resolution tumbler that's approx 5000 pixels height ,
if you leave the resolution at default of 100 the images of small size and look
like low quality and you will see the squares of pixels when zoom in small
amount , also exporting images in jpeg at 85% will give lower quality viewing
when zoomed in too ,
I prefer to export in png format keeps more information including alpha
channel,
if you do want to export as jpeg go for 100% quality , you can always make
copies and make low 85% or lower exports as copies and have the better images in
your own folder as your collection ..
A lot of experimenting is the usual with Gimp I have found try to use copies of
so if I stuff it up it is not a problem .
Hope this helps

--
fa-flyingalone (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)