[Gimp-user] Extracting images from a PDF

Hello. I am Carlos and its my first question to this board, wich i
think it will
be great because it´s so great as the articles and tutorials and
downloads i am
watching ...

The thing is...
When i open a PDF file, and extracting the images and saving the
images...
1) wich one should I choose? Open in layers, or image?
2) is there a way to save/export the image in the size of the pdf?
because i saw
there is a default size (width and height) wich is saved, but u can
edit that
size ... so ---
My question basically is : when i go to file / export it have specific
size (the
image to be exported). Is that size the original quality from PDF, or
it is the
default from gimp?

Thank you and i wish you understood my question.

Hello Carlos
I guess there are many ways to do the saving of images in gimp from a pdf,
This is the way I do mine

when you load the pdf in gimp
1-use the 'Resolution' tumbler up arrow (RS) to increase the size of images,  I
go for a height of 5000 px using (RS) that gives a good size image and spare
size to crop if needed,
2-now you image size is worked out  - click open pages as 'images ' if you want
to use each one separately if you chose layers all the pages will be in one
image as layers
3-select only the pages you want to use or select all and 'import'
4-the image files will show up as tabs and do what you want then
5-then lastly use 'export as' NOT 'overwrite pdf', when exporting I choose png
format holds more info at higher Mb'sinc alpha channel instead of jpeg unless
you want smaller file size
Is this what you needed
I did the step by step only to explain the way works for me,

Good luck
Hope this helps

--
fa-flyingalone (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)