[Gimp-user] Batch print

Resize and flip might be the easiest part using a Gimp plugin BIMP.

If using Windows see: https://alessandrofrancesconi.it/projects/bimp/
Linux - I
might be able to help. OSX - who knows.

Run on your set of images twice. First time resize and  rename to a
new set.
Second time resize, flip and rename to second new set. see: screenshot
(1)

Setting up a page. You need to keep everything symmetrical. Because
printers
often impose a margin and scale an image to suit, I advise (1) Use one
of the
Gimp standard page sizes (2) crop that down to a slightly smaller
size. Use
pixels as units, and a size easily divisible.  You can use a grid
sized to suit.
Image -> Configure Grid and set View -> Snap to Grid. Save as a Gimp
.xcf and
the grid settings / guides etc are saved with the image.

Then create a front using one set and a reverse using the second set.
screenshot
(2)

Printing from Gimp in Windows is horrible. Plenty reports of problems.
Often
best to use some other application. However. Make sure the File ->
Page Setup
has sensible values for margins. Make sure the image is pulled to the
top-left
corner (remember it is smaller than the paper size)  so that printing
starts at
0,0 screenshot (3)

Plenty things can go wrong, best of luck.

Attachments:
*
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1269/original/01-bimp.jpg
*
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1270/original/02-front-n-back.jpg
*
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1271/original/03-print.jpg

Thank you very much for the detailed answer. I'm very grateful, and with try to
follow your guidens and hope the printer (win10) will corporate with me :)

--
Troels (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)