[Gimp-user] How to replace foreground with background pixels

I seem to recall I saw a YouTube video describing how to take part of
an image
and use it to overwrite another area of the image.  But I just can't
remember
what term or vocabulary or terminology to use to search for that
feature.

OK, I figured one thing out.... how to re-add the dotted line...
1. I selected the rectangle select tool.
2. I drew a rectangle around a section of the dotted line that remained.
3. I did a Copy.
4. I drew another rectangle around an area where I wanted the dotted rectangle,
again using the rectangle select tool.
5. I did a Paste.
6. I adjusted the placement slightly.

This seemed to work.  Although I'm not sure this is the "best practice."

--
rhimbo (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)