Re: [Gimp-user] Failed to open NEF files on Ubuntu

* sed <forums gimpusers com> [11-26-19 12:03]:
* sed <forums gimpusers com> [11-26-19 10:38]:
does the directory exist?  /tmp/gimp/2.10/

First there were no any files named as gimp under tmp. I don't know it is proper
way to do or not  but I've created a file named gimp and 2.10 manually :) I am
adding in screenshot again. There is also file named as "snap.gimp" under tmp.
It was automatically created before.

does darktable successfully open the file DSC_7808.NEF ?

Yes darktable and other softwares successfully open the file.
By the way, I receive this error when I want to open every NEf file not only
7808.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1301/original/Screenshot_from_2019-11-26_18-00-21.png

gimp creates the directory /tmp/gimp/2.10/ if it does not exist.

I initiated gimp to access a NEF file earlier, 12:19 my time (-5 hrs) and
it has not yet completed converting the file @ 14:18 but cpu usage
continues to decline.  that said, I seldom if ever use this approach,
preferring darktable to work photos.  I may utilize gimp after the fact
but with a converted jpg or tiff/png.

have no idea what "snap.gimp" is or where it comes from.

I am canceling the process to load sub nef via dt.

gud luk,

Photos: http://wahoo.no-ip.org/piwigo               paka @ IRCnet freenode