[Gimp-user] Failed to open NEF files on Ubuntu

Hello all,
I have an operation system as Ubuntu and .NEF extension pics. I want
to open raw
files of Nikon D3500(.NEF) in GIMP. Despite of I've installed
softwares like
Darktable or rawTherapee or UFraw etc., I can not open raw files with
GIMP. When
I click open in GIMP and select raw file, the software gives two
errors as seen
in the screenshot. I am new on using Linux system and GIMP. Could
anyone help me
abot this issue? Thanks.

Calling error for procedure 'gimp-file-load':
Error opening file /tmp/gimp/2.10/gimp-temp-239350.tif: No such file
or
directory

Opening '/home/sedef/Desktop/Fotograflar/103D3500/DSC_7808.NEF'
failed:

Raw Nikon plug-in could not open image

Attachments:
*
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1300/original/Screenshot_from_2019-11-26_16-02-16.png

You should give the version of Ubuntu (18.04 / 19.04 / ..or ..) that you are
using.

Check the appropriate plugin is enabled in Edit -> Preferences -> Image
Import&Export

uFraw is not going to work, I use nufraw in a kubuntu 18.04 because it suits my
workflow however I can demo Gimp 2.10 / RawTherapee (RT) in a ubuntu VM.

I have a feeling that RT has to be version 5.5 or better You might need this PPA
adding to get a suitable version

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:dhor/myway

For what its worth 2 and a half minute video opening a NEF file

https://youtu.be/1yqEK777xAo

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)