Re: [Gimp-user] Using gimp-edit-copy / gimp-edit-paste

Griff writes:
# Select and copy 3x2 slice and paste into layer file
Panorama = gimp.image_list()[0] # Previously opened panoramic image
pdb.gimp_image_select_rectangle(Panorama, 0, X, Y, Width, Height) # select
rectangle

If I try "pdb.gimp_edit_copy(Panorama)" I get the message "wrong parameter
type".  I have tried a number of things but don't seem to be getting anywhere.

gimp_edit_copy takes a drawable, not an image. Layers are drawables,
so assuming your Panorama image only has one layer, try this:

pdb.gimp_edit_copy(Panorama.layers[0])

Hope that helps!

        ...Akkana