[Gimp-user] Start Up for 2.8

Hi All, I am new to GIMP and it was loaded on my  Linux Mint Tessa version. When
I opened the program, the screen was mostly blank, without the tool boxes and
menus shown when I look at GIMP tutorials online. I uninstalled the program and
re installed it, but it opens the same way and I cannot get to the opening multi
window screen to save my life. I am possibly just stupid because I am stuck. I
will attach an image of what I see when opening GIMP. It seems everybody but me
sees the image in the second attachment. I have some great images from a trip
out west and want to simply crop them to 8X10 so I can have them printed for
framing. Thanks for any help! Tim in Florida

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1293/original/Screenshot_from_2019-11-20_14-37-01.png
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1294/original/Screenshot_from_2019-11-20_14-22-18.png

--