[Gimp-user] Clone Tool not working

Hello!

I had the 2.10.10 version of Gimp on my computer and was editing many
pictures everyday, especially using the clone tool.
All of a sudden, out of nowhere, the clone tool stopped working. I set
the "source spot" using ctrl+left click and then wanted to start
painting my selection from my source but when I clicked and dragged
across my selection, nothing happened. It didn't change the image.

I updated to version 2.10.12 (latest version) but i still have the
same problem.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

louisbosqui

Guessing a Windows user.  Updating Gimp is not a bad idea however please note
that re-installing Gimp does not remove/change your Gimp profile where the tool
settings are kept.

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\

First thing to check is the Alignment - right down at the bottom of the menu (1)
and often overlooked.  If that is in 'Registered' mode then for a single layer
you are cloning on top of the source and nothing happens.

While there try a reset to default values (2), might be a fix.

Still not working? Rename that Gimp profile as a backup. Start Gimp up and it
makes a new default profile. Check it works ok. Copy any resources
brushes/scripts..etc over from the backup.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1206/original/clonetool.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)