[Gimp-user] installing older plug-in

The Gaussian Blur plug-in was significantly changed at some point in recent
months.  When used as a keyboard shortcut, it used to retain the prior blur
radius values (et. al.) and would simply work by hitting the Enter key (which
acted the same as hitting "OK"), i.e., two quick keystrokes  Now, the radius
needs to be re-set for every single usage, (either manually, with a Preset, or
with a click near "Size X"), the Enter key stopped working, and the selection
tool type also gets reset, (whereas before, it wouldn't).  I have a team of
several people, and they each have to make hundreds of blurs per hour, so this
recent change is highly annoying and time-consuming.

Since GIMP is open source, I had a thought that perhaps there would be a way
that we could simply resurrect the earlier plug-in version, so my question is:
How?

(We're only GIMP users, not developers.)

Thank you!

--
David_Beroff (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)