Re: [Gimp-user] Large XCF filesize

Sent: Friday, June 14, 2019 at 6:28 AM
From: "Johannes Bauer" <dfnsonfsduifb gmx de>
To: gimp-user-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Gimp-user] Large XCF filesize

On 13.06.19 22:25, Johannes Bauer wrote:

I've recently created an XCF template file that almost only contains
large slabs of solid colors (i.e., no "picture"), couple of layers and
layer masks. I was surprised to find that the XCF compressed this rather
poorly, even though this should be an ideal case for lossless compression.

Sigh!

*Of course* I forgot to include the link to the image. Here it is:
https://github.com/johndoe31415/german-biometric-passport/blob/master/template.xcf

Well, I opened that and then saved it as a .xcf.bz2 file and it was 10% of the original.

Pretty reasonable to me?

Owen