Re: [Gimp-user] Gimp displays photos with white background, even though they should be transparrent

Hi,

On Thu, 13 Jun 2019 11:02:00 +0200
Allcollect <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Hello!
I have a problem and someone can help me out.
The tif photos are without background (transparent) and are shown as such in
photoshop. However, when I open them in gimp they are displayed with a white
background.
How is this possible and is there a fix?

1. Does this happen with transparent .pngs too (e.g:
https://www.shlomifish.org/me/images/EvilPHish-Icon/evilphish-extract-no-glow-250x250.png
)?

2. Can you share a problem tiff file?

3. Which gimp version on which OS?