[Gimp-user] Customizing the View settings

I just started to use GIMP and now I have my first question.
I open a file which is empty and use it to open other files as layers.
I set up the grids for this file and make them visible.
I work on the file, save it under another name, then close it.
When I open the same file again the grids are not visible, so any time
the file is opened I have to make the grids visible (View-->Show
grid), an annoyance.
Is there any way to save the setting for this file only which would
include visible grids?
Photoshop has that useful feature.
A more general question: can I customize the View settings and save
them for future reference?

I don't think Gimp is as advanced as Adobe Phototshop
Most likely it is impossible, at least I could not do it

--
GimpUser007 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)