[Gimp-user] System Requirements

I have Been looking for information on the basic system requirements for
using gimp.

I have been looking at the gimp web site and trying to find information on
what would be a starting point for the system since I am looking at
purchasing a new computer.

This would be my play computer so I would use it for various things but I
do do a lot of photo editing using gimp and would like to make sure it
worked properly. I saw information on adjusting the cashe and file swap but
I couldn't find anything on system requirements.

Is there a link to that information that will help me in deciding on a new
computer?

William