[Gimp-user] otf fonts

I am trying to use an otf font I purchased. It is installed in the
font folder, I can access it in Word and even paint but it doesn't
show up in gimp. It looks like otf fonts should be accessible to gimp,
especially as they were created for graphic designers, but this one is
just not showing up.  Any ideas?

Using Windows?  OTF fonts do work, sometimes when installed in Windows fonts, it
is not picked up by Gimp.

First thing to try is put the font file "something".otf in your Gimp fonts
folder

C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\fonts

Start Gimp up and see if it is recognised. Failing that sometimes these "bought"
from some fonts designer are not particularly standard. Can sometimes  be fixed
in a font editor but not straightforward.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1188/original/otf-font.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)