[Gimp-user] problems installing gimp on mac

Hi guys,

I used to use gimp on my old mac and never had any problems. Now I got a new
macbook and somehow I don't seem to be installing te software properly?

I can download everything, and when apple complains this is software from an
'unidentified developer' I can solve that. But somehow every time I start up
gimp it has to install all over again??

It never showed up as a proper application in my applications folder either, i
just keep the .dmg file and even though I can get it to start, it never becomes
the regular application.

I'm just totally flummoxed on what could be going on and I really hope anyone
over here can tell me!

cheers,
Mango

--