[Gimp-user] eraser suddenly stopped working

hello....have been using GIMP for nearly a year, have had no real
problems until
about 2 weeks ago.
the eraser tool has suddenly become non-functioning. ALL other buttons
and
features work fine. i haven't made ANY changes to workflow, etc.
I have turned the computer off and back on again.
I have installed the latest version of GIMP.
still no eraser.
any thoughts?

thank you,
bigzig

First thing to check is that you are not using an empty clipboard brush as
screenshot

If you are using a regular brush, then check size - so small as to be
un-noticeable Then Opacity not zero etc........

By default Gimp keeps your previous settings which you might have forgotten
about.

Have you reset the tool options?  Edit -> Preferences -> Tool Options -> Reset
Tool Options to Default Values

Then a Gimp restart sets everything back to standard.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1326/original/eraser.jpg

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)