Re: [Gimp-user] Despeckling photos

There are a lot of options. What I have used most is Wavelet Decompose (see
here for an explanation -
https://pixls.us/articles/skin-retouching-with-wavelet-decompose/ ). I fix
old family photos that are usually full of scratches, etc.

This technique works, but note it takes a lot of time to work on each layer.

Check out more of Pat David's guides and YouTube where there are folks
who've posted videos for using GIMP. Best search terms are: enhance,
retouch, restore, fix, restoration, etc.

GuyS

--

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of
human existence.”

― Aristotle