[Gimp-user] 2.10.12 Text Box Issues

So I recently updated from 2.10.4 to 2.10.12 and I'm having issues with the text
boxes.  Whenever I alter the text in the text box and then try to change the
color or font of the text, the changes I made sometimes do not change to the new
color or font.  I wish to change the color or font from the tool options on the
side, but any changes I make to the text acts as if I was adding altered text
from changing the text box dialog settings, if that makes sense.  In the
attached example .gif, I show you what I mean.  Unfortunately, my recording
software hides popup windows, so it's not obvious that I'm trying to change the
color, but that is what I am trying to do.

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1242/original/gimp_text.gif

--
dotpng (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)