[Gimp-user] Need some help and advice about Scripts

Hi There! I am still technically a Gimp "beginner" as I don't use it that much,
only for some very important filters and a few things like that. But lately I
have been determined to learn a lot more about how to use Brushes. I understand
how to install them and see them with the Airbrush or Paintbrush. But I have had
trouble changing and keeping the foreground color which, if you are for example
adding cloud brushes to a photograph, you would change to white...but I can't
figure out how to easily switch colors. I considered trying to get a Script and
found something that might work. But now I am confused about how to implement
scripts. It might be that I installed in the wrong location. I have noticed
something strange, and rather than try to explain it in words I made a couple of
images to show you. Why is one of my script folders blank??? Advice and guidance
on this would be very much appreciated --- Thank You

Attachments:
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1240/original/Image1gimp.jpg
* https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1241/original/Image2gimp.jpg

--