[Gimp-user] c2g in Gimp 2.10.12 not performing as in 2.8

GEGL's c2g function in Gimp 2.10.12 performs very differently as
compared to
v2.8.  the outcome is much brighter, and the deep blacks are gone that
were so
helpful to simulate a film-based appearance.  i played with the
settings for
radius, samples and iterations but nothing comes close to the former
appearance.
clicking the 'shadow' button didn't improve the result.  so, the
current stage
of c2g is pretty useless for me - unless i do something substantially
wrong.

can somebody help me how to get c2g behave in Gimp 2.10 as it has in
2.8 ?

I do not think it is possible. I have looked at this previously so not just a
passing thought.

The change log for GEGL is here: http://gegl.org/NEWS.html Down in GEGL-0.3.30
this came in

quote - c2g and stress have gained the ability to toggle the influence of the
shadow neighborhood or not, the new default is to not improve shadow detail;
yielding a bit more natural renditions - unquote

Gimp 2.10 has moved on since then to GEGL 0.4  Using GEGL 0.4 command line with
c2g produces the same effect as Gimp 2.10 so no solution there.

I also have a 'buntu 16.04 with GEGL 0.3.25 Does that work? No.  The command
line produces a slightly different version but still not the same as  Gimp 2.8,
still too light.

Best bet. Depends on OS but run a portable Gimp 2.8 as well as Gimp 2.10,
otherwise find a combination of other filters that produce that grainy effect.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)