[Gimp-user] macOS Mojave wont open GIMP.

There have been similar reports. Looks like you used up the common
options.

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/3670

https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/issues/2460

However that last one does point to
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US

Does that help? Otherwise you can always post yet another bug report.

I figured it out! I just was not following the directions properly.

Instructions:

1. Download 2.10.12 from gimp.org (make sure it is for the macOS)
2. Open the .dmg file that is located in your "downloads folder"
3. Open the "install" file that is on your desktop
4. Drag the "gimp" file into your "applications" folder located in **FINDER**
Note: I had been dragging the file into my applications folder that is on
my "dock"; that did not work, I had to be in "finder"
Note: You know the copy was successful when a menu prompt appears and
notifies that the file is being copied into your
     applications
5. Follow the directions stated here:
https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25088?locale=en_US
6. Have fun!

I hope that helps. Thanks dezmo and richman for your help.

--
cstaats (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)