Re: [Gimp-user] macOS Mojave wont open GIMP.

IIRC, just dragging the icon creates a link to GIMP in /Applications .  Try Command-Drag instead.

On 4 Aug 2019, at 17:58, cstaats <forums gimpusers com> wrote:

Hi team,

Ive downloaded GIMP, but can't get it to open. Running mac Mojave.

Whilst GIMP appears in downloads, it does not appear in my Apps
folder.

Have tried dragging the icon across to Apps (as suggested elsewhere).
And copying the downloaded file.

Note from my screen shot, there is no option to "allow installation
from identified developers" as suggested for a Sierra workaround.

Help please...

I have the same issue, I am a new GIMP user and cannot figure this out for the
life of me. I have tried the same solutions as well, but to no avail.

--
cstaats (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)