[Gimp-user] Lighting Presets

Lighting effects is an old filter, newer filters keep their settings
in the Gimp
user profile.

For what it is worth, the Gimp user profile
C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10\.. is a tedious location
for
anything.

Your screenshot is missing a vital part, the plus / minus icons at the
bottom. I
would go this way

(1) Before using Gimp. Windows explorer.  Make an easy to find folder.
In the
screenshot 'lighting' in my user folder.

(2) In Gimp and when you come to 'Save Lighting Preset' Browse for
that folder
and click the plus icon to add to the folders list. Give a name and
save.

Thank you ever so much for you quick reply and all the examples so that I can
save my presets.
This will save me a lot of heartache and will speed up my work.

I'm glad I stumbled upon this forum for those of us that exclusively use Gimp.

I loved Photoshop but when they made it where you have to subscribe and could no
longer purchase the software it turned me against the program.

I started out on Gimp and I can do most of what I need with Gimp.

I would love to see Gimp incorporate the ability to have side by side windows
open at once like in Photoshop.
It is one feature I miss. I can't clone from one window to another like in
Photoshop to replicate a product like I could with Photoshop. It's also great
for comparing an older texture to a new one when creating new textures. I hope I
made sense in conveying that.

Sincerely,
Edge

(3) When you next come to 'Load a Lighting Preset' click on that
folder you
made.

(4) Takes you straight to your saved presets, choose one, click on
Open.

Attachments:
*
https://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/1232/original/1-light.jpg