[Gimp-user] Install Layers FX plugin

Hi Rich,

It has been 3 days and I still cannot get this plugin installed,
McAfee has it blocked and I cannot even look at it.?  Is anyone else
having this problem?  Isn't there a workaround?  Like I said I am new
to this and it is very very FRUSTRATING.
Thank yLoriblackdog

Not going to make much difference wherever I point you to, since it looks like
your AV will stop any file with a .py suffix.

The old registry.gimp.org site was backed up as an archive and you can browse
through the files

https://github.com/pixlsus/registry.gimp.org_static/tree/master/registry.gimp.org/files

The one you want is:

https://github.com/pixlsus/registry.gimp.org_static/raw/master/registry.gimp.org/files/layerfx.2.8.py.txt

Note the .txt suffix. You will have to remove that for the plugin to work eg.
rename to layerfx28.py

I have found even that defeats some Windows users, so best of luck.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)