[Gimp-user] Convert to profile error?

Hi,
I have recently profiled my profiled my printer (Canon Selphy) and and printed
some test photos.
My assumption is that I need to convert image to the printer profile before
printing it with gutenprint. I did that and image was exactly the same as
without conversion. When I used jpgicc to convert image to the printer profile
the result was different and accurate.
In the console (I use gimp 2.10 from flatpak) I can see following errors:
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc:
profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl
does not yet support CLUTs
void gimp_gegl_convert_color_profile(GeglBuffer*, const GeglRectangle*,
GimpColorProfile*, GeglBuffer*, const GeglRectangle*, GimpColorProfile*,
GimpColorRenderingIntent, gboolean, GimpProgress*): converting buffer took
1.8107 seconds
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc: not
a monitor-class profile
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc: not
a monitor-class profile
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc:
profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl
does not yet support CLUTs
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc: not
a monitor-class profile
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc:
profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl
does not yet support CLUTs
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc: not
a monitor-class profile
gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01.icc: not
a monitor-class profile

Did the 'convert to profile' operation succeed despite the error messages or
there is a missing feature in babl?
I noticed that 'convert to profile' did not change the resulted prints a bit
visually. They are exactly the same as without converting thus I use jpgicc or
sometimes print directly from darktable.

Oh, the profile was done by the professional who uses X-Rite software (and
hardware).

Regards,
Maciej

--