[Gimp-user] Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 vs XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro Graphics drawing monitor

Both tablets are full HD, both have 8000+ levels of pressure sensitivity, and
both are currently within my price range.they work well with the photoshop .
Things to consider;

Cintiq Pro:
1) Has almost no parallax.
2) Eraser on pen, no need for charging.
3) Professional Color reproduction.

XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro:
1) HUGE SCREEN!
2) XP-Pen Customer support blows Wacom out of the water.
3) Much less nib-wear than Cintiq Pro.
I think the biggest things you need to consider for this case are the size,
expresskeys, and parallax.

Size:
A 22-inch monitor like the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro takes up a LOT of desk space.
If you don't have much desk space in the first place, you might need to buy a
mount or arm to hold up the monitor in a comfortable position to draw on. If you
have an L-shaped table layout, then you could put the drawing monitor on the
side table, and the main keyboard and computer on the main table, but for a
single table it's hard to imagine where you can put a 22-inch monitor without it
getting in the way.
On the other hand, a 13-inch tablet like the Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 will be much
easier to make desk space for. You'll probably just need to put the Intuos 3
away and that should be almost enough space for the Cintiq Pro 13, plus you will
be able to comfortably reach other a 13-inch monitor to type on the keyboard
behind it.
It feels nice having a big 22-inch monitor, but unless you've figured out a
space for it, it's really hard to include it in your workspace (this is just my
observation from using a 22-inch XP-Pen Artist22E Pro, I buy it from their
offical site https://www.xp-pen.com/goods/show/id/342.html ).

Expresskeys:
The XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro comes with the built-in expresskeys, whereas you'll
need to buy a separate expresskey remote for the Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 if you want
to do all your work on just the tablet without touching the keyboard.
This part honestly depends on what you plan to do. If you plan to put the Wacom
Cintiq Pro 13 in front of the keyboard where your Intuos3 used to be, then
you're probably going to just use keyboard shortcuts and won't need the
expresskey remote. However, if you're planning on drawing on the Cintiq Pro
without using the keyboard, then you'll need to pay another 100 USD for the
Wacom Expresskey Remote since the Cintiq Pro doesn't have expresskeys built-in
(or you could do everything with finger touches since the Cintiq Pro does have
multi-touch support).
Hm, thinking about it again, I guess the expresskeys aren't really a factor
since the Cintiq Pro can kinda compensate with the multi-touch (finger touch
input).

Parallax:
As you know, the XP-Pen has some parallax, while the Cintiq Pro is advertised to
have basically none. I experienced "no parallax" with a Microsoft Surface Pro 3
in the past, and I honestly disliked not having any parallax because I couldn't
see the cursor under the pen when using very small brush sizes. I am someone who
wasn't ever much of a traditional artist, so I've become extremely used to
watching the cursor instead of the pen while drawing, so not being able to see
the cursor is unfortunately a problem for me. I've found that I actually depend
on parallax to be able to see the cursor under the pen.
This obviously may not apply to you, but I figured I would mention it as a
personal opinion.

For the most part, I think that the Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 is probably a better
pickup if you aren't really fussy about the size of your drawing tablet monitor
.
The whole point of Wacom alternatives at this point and time is to offer tablets
for less than 1000 USD for people who cannot afford the lowest Wacom Cintiq but
still want a drawing monitor. The XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro is too close to the
price of the Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 to really be considered unless you absolutely
don't want to settle with a smaller 13-inch monitor and want a larger 22-inch
monitor instead.
The Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 simply outdoes the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro in all aspects
(aside from the size) because it offers extra features like multi-touch, pen
tilt/rotation sensitivity, and I believe it actually comes with a longer
warranty (I read the warranty info and the Wacom Cintiq Pro 13 comes with a 2
year warranty, whereas the XP-Pen Artist 22E Pro comes with a 1 year warranty).

Basically I just wanted to share my experience from this huge upgrade and it
would be cool to hear about your experiences for those who had an opportunity to
try a graphic tablet and a pen display monitor tablet , which tool ended up
being better for you?

--
luoyao (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)