[Gimp-user] Gimp Issues

I have been using gimp for years. I recently noticed in 2.8.22 that my
tools are not working properly. For instance, my ellipse select tool
does not let me draw a circle and when it does, it stops and selects
an area before I'm done dragging to make it larger. I also cannot move
the circle then as it just disappears. This is happening with scissors
too as I can't drag the points where I want them. It's all haywire. I
then upgraded to the new gimp 2.10.6 but the same thing is happening.
Any suggestions?? I'm pretty desperate as I have a client waiting on
pictures. I an running this on Windows 10.

Thanks!!
jrgoshe

Try a clean Gimp 2.10 profile.

Disable the old Gimp 2.8 profile C:\Users\your-name\.gimp-2.8 be renaming to
say, C:\Users\your-name\.ggimp-2.8

This prevents Gimp 2.10 migrating old settings and resources to the new Gimp
profile.

Delete the existing Gimp 2.10 profile folder
C:\Users\your-name\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10

Start Gimp 2.10 to create a new default Gimp profile.

--
rich404 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)