[Gimp-user] 100% view seems to be decieving me?

I recently created a template to be used for t-shirt design, the template was
40cm by 50cm

however when i zoom in to 100% the thing appears absolutely colossal! strangely
enough the thing actually seems to appear in better proportions at 25% zoom.

im sure there is a very simple explanation for this, I should add that ive only
really been getting familiar with gimp over the past couple of months.

any help or insights would be hugely appreciated.

cheers.

--
funktotheface (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)