[Gimp-user] Background Removal failure

Hello, everyone. I followed the Gimp video tutorial for background
removal. Everything seemed to go as directed until it came time to
delete that background layer from the image so that the foreground
image remained. Once I deleted the background layer I selected, the
whole image showed as nothing but a transparent frame. Can anyone tell
me what I did wrong? I have attached my screen shots of what resulted.
Thank you in advance. --Kim

--
KiminWisconsin (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)