[Gimp-user] Export to DNG raw file?

The "raw" format that Gimp exports is just the bitmap data (more or
less
the TGA format without headers) and has no relationship with the "raw"
image from a camera.

No real point exporting to DNG, though. Why would you want to do that?
IF you want high-bit-depth storage, you can use TIFF.

Thanks!

Being a newbie, I thought it would be handy to have a RAW file, in case I wanted
to roll it back into VueScan or some other program, without any processing.
Now that I am somewhat less a newbie, and in light of your advice, I don't see
why I would need to do that, and I can be satisfied with TIFF.

--
Punchcard (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)