Re: [Gimp-user] Convert to profile error (babl and CLUTs)?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 3:10 PM Maciej <forums gimpusers com> wrote:
I'm using gimp 2.10 from flatpak on Ubuntu 16.04

When converting image to profile (for Canon Selphy CP1200) before print I got
error on the console:

gimp_color_transform_new: error making format: CanSelphy_Can-Glossy-S01_1.icc:
profile contains perceptual luts and perceptual was explicitly asked for, babl
does not yet support CLUTs

The ICC was made on Apple computer using X-Rite software.

Does it mean that I cannot convert image and print it correctly using just GIMP
for this particular profile? I use jpgicc and darktable for prints but sometimes
Gimp is just the proper tool.

The warning on the console is a report that GIMP asked babl to parse
and interpret the profile; and babl is telling GIMP back that it
cannot. As a result of babl returning nothing to GIMP, GIMP will
instead use the slower but more complete lcms2 for conversions
involving this ICC profile.