Re: [Gimp-user] Best way to upscale an image

On 2018-11-10 5:02 a.m., Helmut Jarausch via gimp-user-list wrote:
for a photobook I need to upscale an image (showing a landscape) by a
factor of 2. What are good (best?) methods to do so with Gimp

In GIMP you could try using the liquid rescale plug-in. You would have better results if there was a larger version of the image and you could scale it down. Making it twice the size may not work out as well as you might like for use in a book.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/               | "Nerds make the shiny things that
https://www.patreon.com/KevinCozens | distract the mouth-breathers, and
                                    | that's why we're powerful"
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172          |
#include <disclaimer/favourite>     |             --Chris Hardwick