Re: [Gimp-user] Multiple command line args always use single window mode (2.10)?

On Thu, 8 Nov 2018 22:31:31 -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Robert Krawitz <rlk alum mit edu> [11-08-18 22:28]:
# GIMP gimprc
#
# This is your personal gimprc file.  Any variable defined in this file takes
# precedence over the value defined in the system-wide gimprc:
# /etc/gimp/2.0/gimprc
# Most values can be set within GIMP by changing some options in the
# Preferences dialog.

(save-session-info no)
(restore-session no)

# end of gimprc

look at:
  ~/.config/GIMP/2.10/sessionrc
    (single-window-mode no)

nearly last line on my box.

That did it.

I'm guessing (too late in the evening for me to investigate) that what
happened is that I don't enable save window positions on exit, and
single/multiple window mode is treated as "window position", so that
setting never got saved.

(I start my window manager from a fixed session too.  However, there
are some exceptions; I build up so much state in my browser and emacs
that I really do need session saving, and I wish the xterm/bash
combination could do the same thing.  But I tend to use GIMP as a
one-off, so preserving state isn't very useful to me.)
--
Robert Krawitz                                     <rlk alum mit edu>

--Eric Crampton