[Gimp-user] Monochrome Canvas

As an absolute GIMP beginner, I was disappointed to find that my very
first canvas had everything in black and white - toolbox tools, the
lot - nothing like the GIMP screen in the tutorials. Where have I gone
wrong?
Rufous

Where did you go wrong, Not read the manual? - Although very much work in
progress and not easy to find.

https://docs.gimp.org/2.10/en/gimp-pimping.html#gimp-prefs-theme

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Interface -> Theme and change to a lighter version.
screenshot

Under that is the icon theme. Choose a Color or Legacy. If very small adjust the
size using Custom icon size and the slider.

***Remember*** to OK everything and with Windows a restart of Gimp is often
necessary.

Attachments:
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/924/original/01-theme.jpg
* http://www.gimpusers.com/system/attachments/925/original/02-theme.jpg