[Gimp-user] 2.10 for XP?

I was going to install GIMP 2.10 for my Windows XP today and noticed the same
thing: it won't install. I use Windows XP for serious work and gaming, and
Ubuntu for the Internet.

Version 2.8.22 works with Windows XP. If you already haven't, it can be
downloaded here:

https://download.gimp.org/mirror/pub/gimp/v2.8/windows/

If you need tone-mapping and HDR-features introduced in GIMP 2.10, you can use a
program called Luminance HDR. Version 2.4.0 is the last one supported by 32-bit
Windows XP. It can be downloaded from here:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/qtpfsgui/files/luminance/2.4.0/

Both installer and stand-alone application are available.

--
Titus03 (via www.gimpusers.com/forums)